I find a lot of inspiration reading other blogs. On of my favorite "types" of blog posts to read are the miscellaneous, weekly post about random things said blogger is loving....a favorite candle, an interesting podcast, a killer Costco find. So, welcome to our "weekly recap" where we basically share random things that have improved the quality of our lives one way or another.
1. I have a new best friend who has changed my life in ways I never knew possible. His name is Martin. Martin, you see, is my Roomba, which Ty bought me for Christmas. Honestly, if you ever learn anything from this blog, it is that you NEED a Roomba. When our main floor gets messy and I don't have time for deep clean, I quickly do the dishes, wipe the counters, and turn on the Roomba. Clean floor and counters make a house feels SO neat.
2. These hair scarves have changed my mornings. My morning routine now consists of dry shampoo + braid + hair scarf. Five minute hair is my new life.
3. I'm reading this book for the third time. This book changed me 4 years ago when I read it for the first time. It was written in the 1950's, so the verbiage can feel antiquated, but it's gold.
4. If you are following along on instagram, you saw that we bought this wallpaper for our guest bathroom project. I love how Em Henderson styled something similar in this blog post.
5. On insta stories, I chatted about this large scale framed print that we just ordered for our master bedroom.
6. Feeling totally inspired by this blog post By Em Henderson. We are on the hunt for something similar, but portable, for our master bedroom, living room, and backyard!
7. Our den is coming together, especially since we added these chairs - such a great deal. Comfortable too.
8. This TED Talk is totally worth the listen.
9. This walnut salt and pepper shaker set (also pictured in the first photo of this post) adds a perfect touch of "wood" to our kitchen, to pull in the wood tones in the dining room.
10. Lastly, we are headed to 30a next week. If you've not heard of it, check out this blog post. It is one of our FAVORITE PLACES ON EARTH. Easily, The beach, the houses, the architecture....we are beyond excited. Follow our instagram as we will be documenting our little getaway!
Thanks for following along, friends. We love ya.
Hannah & Tyler
We are a home renovation and real estate duo currently sharing the renovation of our Holland cottage, along with flips and new builds. We created this blog as a resource for our readers, helping home owners, travelers, and future friends to learn how to renovate efficiently, and affordably!