When I started this blog (7 years ago...it used to be called "Quite Quaint!"),I had a segment called "Friday Faves" where I shared all of my favorite finds, from recipes to books to YouTube videos. Many other bloggers publish a similar segment and it's my favorite to read as a consumer! I've decided to resurrect this weekly ritual. These blog posts will be a conglomerate of things we're loving lately.
1. First, I'm excited to tell you about our new french press! Our old, beloved french press broke. I embarked on a journey to find the perfect french press that made me happy to look at, produced good coffee, and was easy to clean. I landed on this beauty, and I couldn't love it more. This copper one was a close second, followed by this contender.
2. THIS LOUNGE OUTFIT! I am incredibly picky, and did months of research before bringing a pair home (read about our focus on minimalism here....part to blame for how ridiculously slow I am to buy). These pants are perfect. Soft, cozy, but not frumpy. I could throw on my favorite tennis shoes and wear these out on a coffee run without feeling like a hobo. I own the shirt and tank too. There's something about wearing a "matching set" that makes me feel put together, even in sweatpants.
3. I stumbled upon this article by Forbes a few weeks ago, about how Millennials are gravitating toward smaller homes. "In many cases both people in the relationship are working and having less leisure time; what extra time they do have, they prefer use enjoying outdoor activities such as hiking and biking or traveling, rather than spending their time performing household duties – mowing lawns and cleaning gutters."
4. The Grit and Polish is one of my favorite instagram accounts. The couple, in Washington state, lives unconventionally by making a living through rental properties, and blogging.
5. I finally ordered a faucet for our new kitchen. I fell in love with this one weeks ago. It's SUCH a good price for brass at $199, with 163 five star reviews. It went out of stock just as I was about to order it! I was devastated. Just as I was about to order another, which I loved less, stock was replenished! Amazon sells it too, but I prefer Home Depot for returns.
6. Sleeping at Last wrote an album called "Enneagram." Each song 1-9 is written about each enneagram. Have you listened to it? I am a 3w4. Ty is a 2w1.
7. I recently listened to the 4 Hour Work Week on Cloud Library (here is the hard copy for all of you old school readers). I found it's contents inspiring. Ty and I both have hopes for our future that are "unconventional." After listening to this book, I adopted a new sense of urgency pertaining to chasing our dreams.
8. I'm not sure why I waited so long to buy this over the sink dish rack. I hated having piles of dishes on my counter! Over 2,000 five star reviews on amazon.
9. This is the only brand of jeans I buy. I particularly love this cut, and they are on sale!
Hannah & Tyler
We are a home renovation and real estate duo sharing the renovation of our mid century tri-level, along with flips and new builds. We created this blog as a resource for our readers, helping home owners, travelers and future friends to learn how to renovate efficiently, and affordably!