1. Cut a rectangle. I used 4.5 inches x 7.5 inches.
2. Iron on interfacing.
3. Fold fabric in half, hot dog style. Sew two long sides together.
4. Iron fabric so that new seam is in the center.
5. Fold in half again, hamburger style. Sew loose short ends together.
6. Iron fabric so that new seam is in the center (same as step 4).
7. Turn right side out and hold bow tie in desired shape.
8. Sew a short seam so that shape stays in place.
8. Cut another piece of fabric. I used 2 inches x 6.5 inches. Fold in half, hamburger style, and sew loose short ends together.
9. Fold in half again, hot dog style.
10. Iron fabric so that new seam is in the center.
11. Take fabric and wrap around center of bow tie. Mark the length that this piece needs to be (will vary depending on how large your bow tie turned out to be) and sew ends together.
12. Turn right side out and slide over bow tie.
For clip-on bow tie:
1. Cut new piece. I used 1.5 inches x 15 inches. Fold hot dog style, sew long end. Iron so that the seam is in the middle. Fold raw sides and sew down to finish ends.
2. Sew velcro.
1. Slide on bow tie as shown.
There you have it! Enjoy!
1/28/2015 10:02:47 am
So cute! I have a feeling that I know the little boy who is receiving these and that he's going to be the coolest, cutest kid on the block.
1/30/2015 02:04:37 am
That little boy got them for Christmas and he ROCKS them. I really need to get a pic for Hannah!
3/17/2021 06:41:56 am
I enjoyeed reading your post
Leave a Reply.